Get ready to throw out all your old junk because it is time to sell your home to the next highest bidder. If your home has been sitting on the market for longer than you’d like, there is a good chance that you are making any one of the many cardinal mistakes that new home sellers make. For instance, you may be listing your home for a price that isn’t reasonable for the current housing economy. You may also have a real estate agent that isn’t doing his or her job. Who knows, you may have hit the grand slam and are doing everything wrong. Here are five tips to help you sell your home fast for a good price.
- Repaint your entire home – inside and out. Giving your home an updated look is critical when you are selling your home – especially if you want to expedite the process. Painting the front of the home is critical, because the first thing homebuyers will see is the exterior. If the paint is cracked, peeling or looks old – there is a good chance that you’ll have people turning the other way. The same goes for the interior of the home, so make sure to choose some great colors and get to work.
- Install new appliances. If a homebuyer walks through your home and see a bunch of old appliances, they will think that the home hasn’t been updated and that it isn’t worth the listing price. So, you may want to think about investing in new appliances for the kitchen and for the rest of the home. When looking through appliances, you want to pay attention to the energy efficiency of the products. In the end, the more efficient your home is, the more marketable it will be.
- Take great pictures of your home for the listings. When you are marketing your property, you want to make sure that you take great pictures of your home. For online listings and for newspaper listings, you want to not only clean up and de-clutter your home for the sake of looking great in the shots, but you also want to use a higher end camera. There more high-def the photos, the more people will visit your open house.
- Lower the listing price of your home. If you are wondering: “how can I sell my house for the proper market value” – there is a strong change that you can’t. These days, people are looking for a deal on properties. So, the best way to quickly unload your old home is to list it for much lower than the average value.
- Take a great offer when it comes around. Many home sellers make the enormous mistake of not accepting a great offer when it comes around, which can be detrimental. There will only be so many offers during the home selling process. In the end, you may not get exactly what you want, but at least you can wash your hands clean and move on.