Social media has become a significant platform to grow a prosperous startup company. According to latest social media stats, Instagram’s audience is 400 million, Facebook has over 1.59 billion active users, Twitter’s followers are approx 320 million and LinkedIn has over 100 million. Choosing the right platform for your startup can be a hard task. You might end up spending a lot without getting anywhere. So, here are a few tips on reaching your audience:
1) Strategy: A strategy is essential for a startup no matter how big your business is. Rather than copying other businesses, try to market your own strategy. Remember to always stand out and target a particular type of audience because a small portion of the population is interested in your product. You have to hit the right zones of the right audience to achieve your objective. If you try to market your startup to everyone, you waste both time and money. One has to set realistic goals when it comes to marketing.
2) Choosing the right platform: There are too many platforms to count, so you have to choose the social media platform which suits your business the best. Choose the social media channel that is relevant to your target audience because each social media offers you a range of functionalities. You have to take into consideration each social media site’s unique functionalities to gather maximum social media attention for your startup.
3) Profile: You should craft a strong profile with an informative and appealing bio. Keep updating your profile with time and provide a link to your official site in the bio for easy access. It is very important to post high quality content for which you can use different apps and marketing tools to show professionalism. Your content should be visually engaging, creative, and appealing in order to attract attention. Try to engage your audience so they would want to share your content. It’s all about representing your startup graphically and enticing your customers to click on your advertisement.
4) Best times to Post: You should know when to post. The best times to post on social media are when the people you want to see the content are on the network. There is no ideal time to post your content on different social media channels but there are times which are preferred when there are majority of active users.
5) Feedback: Customer feedback helps you to understand what people expect from you. It lets you make the necessary changes in your social media strategy to fit you customers. Customer Feedbacks makes you analyze your strategy for social media and helps you to improve and grow. It is important for you to interact with your customers and target audience. Interaction helps you gain more followers. Resolving customer problems help you maintain a healthy relationship. You can use different social media management tools, such as Hootsuite and Buffer which allow you to track all customer comments making it a much simpler process than the conventional wait on the phone lines.