If you have ever been to a big concert or event, chances are that your ticket cost you a small fortune. Unfortunately, due to the rise of music piracy, more and more musical artists are getting their main source of revenue from touring and concert sales, which has jacked up the prices for ticket sale, sometimes 10 fold. Yet, there are a number of ways that you can find cheap tickets, inexpensively and legally. Here are 5 tips to help your save money on concert and event tickets.
- It is highly recommended that when you are looking for concert and event tickets that you look around the Internet for the best deals. Much the same that you search the Internet for the best prices for clothes, plane travel and hotels, chances are that you can find cheap concert tickets too. There are many websites – if you spend time search on some of the major search engines – that can help you compare prices and find the best deal. Some of these sites even have a price match guarantee so that if you find an even cheaper ticket, some of these sites will try to beat the lowest price.
- You can also sign up for packaged deals. This is especially great for event tickets that run on a seasonal basis. If you can find season passes you might find yourself spending up to 20% to 30% less on tickets. For musical events and concerts, you can purchase seasonal packages that offer you the unique ability to see a roster of different artists slated to play during a specific season.
- Another great way to purchase cheap tickets for concerts and events is to wait until you actually get to the venue. More often than not, if you buy concert and event tickets, many of the charges are surcharges for the ticket agency and the convenience of buying them online. However, it isn’t any less or more convenient just to buy them at the venue on the day of the event or concert.
- You can also look online for people reselling the tickets because they can’t attend. You want to make sure that they aren’t selling these tickets for a profit, because that practice is called “scalping” and is illegal. This is a great way to find concert tickets for artists, like Conord Maynard, who have a younger demographic, because perhaps one of his shows has fallen on a school night.
- And for people with cameras and a blog, you can always try and get guest or press pass to cover the event for your website. Often times they will give you tickets for free. You might even get backstage passes, but you want to make sure that you actually photograph the band and make your report on your website. This way you’ll stay true to your word and help spread information about a musical artist, which can be a win win situation – depending on how you look at it.